02 May 2011

A May Day Birthday

 Yesterday I celebrated my 35th birthday.  It was a strangely simple and lovely day, full of what I can only describe as a quiet prettiness and space for reverie. Perfect, in the way that birthdays should be, in that I felt completely my own and completely content. 

A PRETTY VIEW

ON A PRETTY DAY


A PRETTY CUPCAKE


AND SOME PRETTY DRINKS


A PRETTY FLOWER SIGHTED ALONG MY WALK


AND MORE PRETTY FLOWERS WAITING FOR ME AT HOME


It was a wonderful day, from start to finish, and I'm so grateful to add another year to my "collected works."  Cheers to life!


  

Today's Gratitude List:
  • extended morning cuddle-time
  • birthday cards that make me laugh out loud
  • strong coffee, already brewed when I get up
  • the ocean air and tall groves of eucalyptus
  • ladybugs


2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a very lovely birthday. May you have many more just as lovely. Please take a deep breath of that ocean air and the eucalyptus' for me. I do so miss those soothing aromas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nita! I wish I could bottle that aroma and carry it around with me always. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...